~Tricia Martin represents Sew Chic at the ASG Conference in 2011~
Coming to an event? I'd love to meet you! These are the events I typcially attend yearly.
Sewing and Stitchery Expo
This show is the largest consumer sewing show in America. I like to teach classes focused on fashion and sewing history, technique, and style.
- Thursday-Sunday, Last week in February
- Where to find me: Booth #928
- Puyallup Fair & Events Center, 110-9th Avenue SW Puyallup, WA 98371
- Website: http://www.sewexpo.com
International Textile Expo
This is not a consumer show, but is a market for retail stores. The Independent Pattern Company Alliance provides a fashion predictive and fashion show from vendor fabrics.
- Monday-Wednesday, third week of March
- Where to find me: Monday AM fashion show/Show Floor Fashion Pavilion
- Rio All Suite Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas
- Website: http://www.textileshows.com/
American Sewing Guild Annual Conference
ASG is a sewing interest organization with chapters all across America. Each year they bring together the best sewing instructors and "celebrities" to teach classes. Together, we share our love of sewing with each other.
- Thursday-Sunday, third week in July
- This event rotates among major US cities
- Website: http://www.asg.org
Sewing Vintage: The Flirty Day Dress
August 2013, Craftsy class, Launch October 11,2013
- Online Video Class with Craftsy.com
- Video instruction using sewing Pattern #LN1312. Learn vintage techniques, altering for bust size. Pattern free with purchase of the class.
- Website: http://www.craftsy.com/instructors/laura-nash
Feb 28-Mar 3, 2013, Sewing & Stitchery Expo, booth #928, Puyallup Fair & Events Center, 110-9th Avenue SW
Puyallup, WA 98371, Website: www.sewexpo.com
Contemporary Vintage #1063, Room C of the Showplex Bldg, March 1,3 at 1:30pm
Learn about vintage patterns through the decades and how they differ from modern patterns.
Abounding in Gowns, Free Stage, February 28 and March 2 at 9:30 am
Be inspired by the many gowns that Laura has made, many produced for design shows and competitions. Learn about the construction and techniques used.
Aug 17- 22 2011, American Sewing Guild Conference, Los Angeles CA
In the Media
Threads Magazine Reviews:
The Vintage Hem, Article for Threads Magazine #169 (Oct/Nov 2013)
The Phantom pattern, Style #1106, Sept 2012. Read about this review HERE: http://www.sewchicpatterns.blogspot.com/2012/09/sew-chic-pattern-review-in-threads.html
"Sew Independent" Threads Magazine Article, Sep. 2012
Pattern Review: The Starter Skirt, Style #1000, Mar 2013.
News Article reporting on the annual Mom's Weekend Fashion show at Oregon State University. From Barameter, "Modern Mod fashions spectacular show" by Erin Beauchemin. Note: Sew Chic was then known by the name Nostalgic Pattern Co.